Bake Room/Prep Manager
The Bake Room/Prep Cook Manager is responsible for providing a supervising and supporting role to kitchen staff in the preparation of meals and ingredients. Duties include implementing and overseeing of kitchen organization and labeling food items, monitoring and performing kitchen tasks such as chopping ingredients and sanitizing of work stations, during and after service.
Bake Room/Prep Manager performs and oversees various baking, food preparation, cooking and cleaning tasks to ensure the kitchen remains efficient in creating and delivering dishes for patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weekly food ordering
- Checking in orders while paying close attention to quality and accuracy
- Creating daily prep list in collaboration with the kitchen manager
- Maintains and updates recipes and ingredient lists for consistency and quality
- Develops and implements portion sizes, monitors finished pre-portioned items
- Develops and implements recipes and/or techniques for prep/bake staff to prepare, produce, and bake
- Monitors and maintains machinery use, training, and cleaning.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum through careful ordering, quantity and quality control, food rotation, and monitoring of weekly sales.
- Knowledgeable of food temperature requirements and maintains appropriate food temperatures throughout service
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the restaurant’s operations, as needed
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills, appropriate personal skills, and conflict management abilities
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintains a sense of urgency
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Flexibility to work early mornings and weekends
- Has reliable transportation
- ServSafe certification