Introduction / Job Description
The Baker/Prep Cook is responsible for providing a supportive role to kitchen staff in the preparation of breads, pastries, meals and ingredients. Duties include baking daily breads and pastries, performing kitchen tasks such as chopping ingredients, organizing and labeling food items, and sanitizing work stations during and after service.
Baker/Prep Cooks perform various food preparation, cooking and cleaning tasks to ensure the kitchen remains efficient in creating and delivering dishes for patrons.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesBaker/Prep Cook
- Completes tasks on the prep list from Bake/prep manager
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on easily accessible shelves
- Washing, chopping, sorting and stocking ingredients including, but not limited to: fruits, vegetables, meats, dry goods
- Measuring quantities of seasonings and other cooking ingredients
- Portioning food and starting first steps in various dishes
- Adhering to all relevant nutrition and sanitary regulations and standards
- Keeping track of ingredient inventory and collaborating with other kitchen and management staff to order/resupply
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads, rolls, and some desserts.
- Executing baking recipes consistently: breads, biscuits, rolls
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines, so that ingredients are mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Measures and weighs flour and other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, using scales or graduated containers.
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration.
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment
- Able to stand for long periods
- Punctual: able to work early mornings and weekends
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Has reliable transportation