Introduction / Job Description
Line Cooks are responsible for preparing food and plating dishes according to our restaurant’s menu specifications. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef’s expectations. You will be responsible for setting up stations, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant duties and ensure the preparation station and kitchen are set up and stocked.
Line Cook Duties and Responsibilities
- Stocking stations with correct and rotated ingredients and cooking menu items with consistency
- Plating prepared foods with consistency
- Working with FOH to ensure that orders are completed according to request and in a timely manner
- Washing/cleaning the kitchen and storing equipment at the end of shifts
- Ensure that kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations
- Prepare simple components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and preparing sauces.
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Clean prep areas and take care of leftovers.
- Stock inventory and supplies
- Basic knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
- Able to work early mornings and weekends
- Has reliable transportation